Tuesday, August 28, 2012
Thanks to MommyParties and Faber-Catell's Little J and Big J were able to host a creative, crafting party with all their friends... ok all Big J's friends, but Little J still had a blast.
Our party kit included:
- Accessories kits to make the following during the party
- Fashion Headbands kit
- Fashion Bracelets kit
- Pop-Art Necklaces kit
- Stuck on You Fashion Tote Bags (this was Little J's fav because it was so easy for her to do by herself)
- Goodie Bags for each guest
- Skrinky Dink Necklace Mini Kits
- ARTivity book featuring fun with fashion
- Online coupons for more kits
- Special Hostess Gifts (Extras for Big J & Little J)
- Fashion Headbands kit
- Fashion Bracelets kit
- Deluxe Glitter Art kit
- Pop-Up Books kit
- Of course they also included themed games and recipes for us to use, making it easy to host.
Monday, August 27, 2012
Anyone else our there succeeding at losing weight or looking for encouragement? I know it is possible, you just have to take that first step and realize that no body is perfect. Look at me... today I had a mini twix.. it was fantastic... but I have learned I cannot eat it everyday. I do however give in now and then when I am craving and this has stopped me from binging.
So when I reach my goal... which I am thinking 135, but will really depend on how I feel I am going to get some nice new, hey I am hot, clothes. Perhaps some of the below.
What do you reward yourself with when you are losing weight?
Tuesday, August 7, 2012
Back to school time means many things but the main one to me is shopping. New clothes, school supplies, shoes you name it, kids needs a lot of stuff.
One of my favorite places for shoes both in store and online is Famous Footwear. They have a great selection for everyone in the family at great prices. One of my favorite features, if you see something online that is not carried in your local store you can have it delivered to a store at no charge to you. (There is also the option to have your shoes shipped to your home for a fee)
Right now Famous Footwear is offering two great specials:
15% off (20% off if the customer is a Rewards member or signs up to become a Rewards member)
BOGO (Buy One, Get One Half Off)
Join our FREE Rewards Program and get-
• Earn 1 point for every $1 you spend in-store or online
• Accumulate points to earn certificates up to $100 a year
• Discount offer just for signing up
• Other special inside discounts and perk
Coupons can be found here BOGO + 15% off Famous Footwear Coupon
With two children, myself and my husband who always need shoes this deal is great for me. I can sign up to be a Rewards member and save 20% and then BOGO. Big J is going into first grade and needs a new pair of sneakers, while Little J is always growing out of her shoes. We plan on taking advantage of both the rewards deals and the BOGO, we can always use savings!
What I like to do is have Big J look at the website first before heading for the store. This gives us a general idea of what she wants. Sometimes we get to the store and she finds something even better, ok most of the time she changes her mind... she is 6 after all.
Friday, August 3, 2012
Ever since I started my job on September 19th 2011 I started to lose weight. Mostly because I was no longer at home where the access to food was pretty unlimited. Also because I know had to walk about 10-15 minutes everyday to and from my car to the office, not to mention all around the office. After losing 15 lbs I plateaued and realized I need to do more, including change how I eat. Not so easy in an office where there are file drawers full of candy and cake every week!
One of my friends that I work with introduced me to My Fitness Pal, an online and mobile app tool to help you track your calorie intake and weight loss. The best part? Its FREE!
Included with My Fitness Pal:
- Food diary on the web
- Searchable food database of over 1,953,000 items, including many restaurants
- Your own personal food database- add your own food and recipes. You can even create meals (perhaps you eat the same breakfast everyday)
- Free mobile app for iPhone and Android so you can track your foods and exercise anytime & anywhere.
- Support & Motivation from people just like you - connect with your friends or make new friends on our discussion board where you can share tips or give and receive encouragement.
- Flexibility - the system can support diets like Atkins, South Beach or the Zone.
So far I have lost another 25 lbs using My Fitness Pal, of course a lot of the credit goes to me. I have changed the way I eat, cut out sodas, candy, white bread and processed food while adding more vegetables, fruit and protein to my diet. My Fitness Pal has helped me by allowing me an easy way to track my calories, see my weight loss and track my exercise. It also gives me a place to keep my weight loss and exercise goals. This app helps me stop and think before eating. I usually think, is this bite worth it? Do I want to put this in the app? Plus I can see how much calories, fat, etc a food is before I eat it, quickly and easily.
Coming soon... Before and after shots (but I am not quite ready for that yet)
This post was not sponsored in anyway. I was not compensated for writing it. I simply wanted to share with my readers a program that has helped me succeed at weight loss. All opinions are 100% mine.
Thursday, August 2, 2012
|Twin Sisters Productions
Back to school: $27 for a Sesame Street educational activity set — shipping included!
You can also find other great deals right now on Eversave, including jewelery, purses and iPhone cases!