Monday, November 22, 2010

100th post and a car crash

Let me start by saying everyone is ok. My husband, Big J and I were in the car but not hurt, Little J was still at daycare. Big J was actually not fazed at all about the whole situation.

Story:  We were on the way to get Big J a vaccine that some how we had skipped and her daycare said that she needed or she could not stay there. Simple trip... or so we thought. Her doctor is is in an office complex off a fairly busy road. There is a road that runs parallel to the busy road that leads to the parking lot of all the office buildings. We were driving along (thankfully pretty slow) and we are about 10 -15 feet from a parking space. There is a small road that connects the road we are on to the busy road and we see a car coming but they have a stop sign. The next thing I know my husband is making a gasping sound and then the crunch sound of car hitting car. Our car spins and before I have time to do anything we are ramming into a light pole. When I get out I realize we are wedged between the light pole and a fire hydrant. What do I do? Make sure everyone is ok and then send my husband into the doctor with Big J while I call 911 and the insurance company. This all happened on Wednesday and come Friday I find out the the other driver (who admitted to looking at her GPS) gave the cop insurance that is actually no longer valid. It seems the car she was driving was taken off her father's insurance in October!!!  (And she was able to drive her car away afterwards)

Thankfully I have uninsured motorist coverage and all I have to pay is a $100 deductible. I am thanking God that everyone was ok. Now 2 weeks and $7000 later my car will be fixed. Until then we have a Lincoln Towncar, aka: The boat, which is very fancy. We needed the room and because they are so busy around now they could not get us a minivan. Check out the pictures, oh year the fireman had to cut my car off the pole and hydrant!!

The light pole (That is the other car behind us)

Hydrant (This is where Big J was)


Up close


Light pole smoking after we hit it. (The light came down after we hit it.)


The Light




After the moved it away from the hydrant

No more pole


Waiting for a ride
This is where our car was.

Now some pictures of the other car.

Of course the person at fault has little damage. Not that I wish that upon anyone but there is a lesson in keeping your eyes on the road. It was a stupid mistake that did not have to happen and now I have been on the phone working things out for hours.

 


5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you guys are all okay!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness you guys were all ok!! I know your heart jumped when you realized what had happened and that your child was in the car. I have been there and it is a horrible feeling. I do hope that you something will happen to the driver of the other car though. That seems just brutal for her to be driving a car with no insurance and just away with it!! Insane how many idiots are out there these days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that all of you are okay and especially that Big J was kept safe. So scary! I'm surprised they didn't total out your vehicle after that much damage to both sides! It's amazing that some people STILL don't realize just what a huge responsiblity driving really is. Hope everything gets worked out and you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First off Thankfully you are all ok. How frightening knowing your child is right there. I can't belive the damage. It pisses me off that people are so irresponsible especially when we are toting around such special cargo. So sorry this happened. Hope you all have a happy, healthy and safe Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, I have just been catching up with all the blogs I follow when I read this. I am so glad that all of you are okay especially Big J!

    I wish you guys a blessed Christmas and a prosperous New Year!

    ReplyDelete