Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Waiting for Peace & Quiet


I hate waiting, it makes it even worse when you are waiting for news that you really need.  I have been out of work since the end of February after being laid off after 3 1/2 years and have been staying home with my two girls and my husband. Yes we are all in the house 24/7. Well you know except for errands and walks and interviews. Which due to lack of funds errands are low and due to the heat walks have been cut down too. Interviews come and go, some weeks I get a couple and others I hear nothing.

The week of Big J's birthday which was the 12th I actually had two. Company A is for an Office Manager job, but I still have not heard anything back about going in for a second interview. Now this does not mean much around here because sometimes it takes forever! Company B which is for an Executive Assistant/Marketing/ and more position,  I interviewed with three people on a Friday, then had a phone interview with a fourth person on Wednesday and then a third interview with another partner on Monday. (If you understood that it was this Monday) So now I am waiting and waiting to see if I am actually going to be offered the position. I am thinking that three interviews was a good thing but I am not sure if I was the only person who was being interview that much of not. The recruiter said she has not heard back yet but I am really hoping to hear something tomorrow.

By something of course I mean a job offer because things are getting pretty desperate around here and I really do not want to have to move out of our apartment. Where would we go? I have not idea, likely a long term stay hotel until one of us lands a job and we can get back into an apartment. Not a happy thought with a 5 year old about to start kindergarten, a 17 month old who still gets up anywhere from 1-3 times a night and 2 kittens. I am trying to stay positive in thinking that one of these two positions will work out in the end. God does have a plan, I just wish he would let me in on it every now and then.

It will be nice to get back to work because I may actually get some peace and quiet. I am really looking forward to peeing in peace, that does not happen very often in a house with kids! Even when I close the door my 5 year old thinks it is ok to just open it. Which is so not ok when her friends are here. Speaking of her friends, they are here all the time!! There are 2 boys that live downstairs that I believe are 6 and 8. Then there are 2 other children that live on the 1st floor, 1 girl who is 7 and 1 boy who is 5. The boy and girl are pretty much here everyday, although sometimes we are lucky and Big J goes down to see them instead. Usually she goes down and then about 10-20 minutes later they are back upstairs because we have the cooler toys. The two boys come up every now and then (I think they visit their dad a lot) but they like to play our video games. There is also another boy who is 8 or 9 that lives a few apartment buildings over that comes over just to play our video games. It is funny because he asks for Big J and if she is downstairs then he asks if my husband is home.

It will be hard to leave my family, especially Little J who I think will have a very hard time when I leave. She is very attached to me, but I have noticed that the last week or so she is getting better if I leave or take a nap. It used to be that if I slept in the morning and my husband got up with the girls, Little J would be banging on my door most of the morning looking for me. Now she does not even bother me. But she is still very happy to see me when I do get up.

Ok now that I have gone on and on. I am off to read for awhile before bed.

Share with us if you are waiting for something and what it is?

2 comments:

  1. I would also love some peace and quiet! ;) I hope you get that job!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I am still waiting but will post as soon as I hear something.

    ReplyDelete