Don't Let the Pigeon Run This App is by far one of our favorite apps! We got it for the iPad, but it is also available for iPhone and the iPod Touch. The best part for Big J is that it is interactive and has three different story modes that let you create different stories over and over again. My favorite part is when your story is ready you get to shake the pigeon to get started! (You either use your finger or you can actually shake your iPad) The only downside I have found is that the basic story line is the same no matter which story you choose. You can change some of the choices but the rest is basically the same. While that annoyed me after a couple stories neither Big J or Little J seemed to care at all.
Three unique storytelling modes
- Mode one already has stories created for you, so you can just sit back and listen.
- Mode two allows your child (or you because you know you want to) choose from three choices for a number of different questions. Your choices become part of the story.
- Mode three allows your child to speak any answer they want to the questions. This has lead to many a crazy story in our house.
- Starring appearance by the Pigeon, voiced by Mo Willems. - This is the perfect pigeon voice.
- Also starring YOU! Record your own voice as part of the story.
- Pigeon-drawing tutorial with Mo. - Your drawing also becomes part of the story.
- Personalized vault for six of your favorite Big Pigeon stories..
- Read-along option.
- Shake-and-tap interactivity.
- Pigeon-y sound effects and music.
Brought to you by Disney Publishing Worldwide, the world’s largest publisher of children’s books and magazines. Entering the New Year as a leading publisher of children’s book apps, Disney Publishing has garnered more than 7 million App Store downloads to-date with apps including:
Some of the other app titles include:
- The Lion King: Timon's Tale
- Tangled Storybook Deluxe
- It's a Small World
- Disney Princess: A Royal Christmas
- Pooh's Birthday Surprize
- Cars 2 Storybook Deluxe
Disney Books Apps Website
Disney Read Facebook Page
Disney Read Twitter
This app was provided to us thanks to Disney Publishing Apps and Family Review Network. No other compensation was provided. All opinions are 100% mine and honest.