Thursday, December 23, 2010

And I thought our car troubles were over

For those of you who have been reading my blog you know that we got into a pretty bad accident a month or so ago. If you missed it you can read it here and no worries everyone was fine (except the car). Come to find out the girl that hit us, who admitted to me that she was looking at her GPS and "missed" the stop sign was not insured. Oh she showed her insurance card to the police officer and also told him she stopped but never saw us, not sure how the air blocked her view because that is all that was there, well and the stop sign she missed! Anyway when I called her insurance company to file a claim they told me that the car she had been driving had been removed from that policy in October!! (We were hit in November)

Well after many calls and e-mails I worked it out with my insurance company so that I had to pay a $100 deductible and my car would be mine again. I had to get the letter saying the other driver was uninsured and there were a couple days over Thanksgiving where they were unsure whether or not they were going to fix it or junk it. (It was over $9000 in work) There was also some argument over the deductible but we won't go there.

Anyway, three plus weeks after the crash we got the car back, returned the rental and life was back to normal. Or so we thought!

The front directional did not work when we picked it up which is funny because I would have thought they would check that stuff. Then on comes the engine light, great. Then a couple days ago we were out shopping and the car took awhile to start, extra great. Last night my husband heads to the store for items to take with us to KY (where my dad and step-mom live and where we are supposed to be heading today for Christmas) and a last minute present. I get a text message that he is stuck and the car will not start. Long story short a mechanic friend helps and gets it started.

This morning I am up and ready for work and nothing when I start the car, except for some lovely clicking noise. ARGH!!

Well right now my husband is off to the body shop that fixed our car for them to take a look and see what is up. If all goes well we will still be on the way to KY, if not we will celebrate here, which will break Big J's heart. She cried when I told her there was a chance we would not be going. Poor baby.

I will keep you posted!


No comments:

Post a Comment