Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Nutella Party



I have to admit I have never tried Nutella before I received my items for my Nutella breakfast party from MommyParties, but after one bite I am sold!! I have always seen the commercials and was intrigued because breakfast is my favorite meal of the day and I could actually eat breakfast food for lunch and dinner too. Nutella is a tasty hazelnut spread that contains quality ingredients such as skim milk and a hint of cocoa. Nutella combined with whole grains and fruit can be part of a balanced meal and the best part is that it tastes like a chocolate hazelnut so your children are likely to love it!

My guests received some great items which included:
-Samples of Nutella and coupons
-Nutella travel mugs
-Spread spreaders
-Tip cards as well as some great recipe cards

For the big day I purchased some different kinds of breads, waffles, strawberries, bananas and blueberries. My guests were excited to dig in to the food, especially the couple that like me had not tried Nutella before. Big J was a little cautious when I asked her to try it, but when she did she stole the spoon and ran away with it! Little J, sadly has not tried it yet because we are having some allergy issues at the moment and I am not trying any new foods with her.

I had a couple gift bags left over but I brought them to the day care and my apartment office. One of the women that works in our office had saw the box come in and begged for some of the swag! She loves Nutella, but unfortunately was unable to attend the party.

So far my favorite is just Nutella on a waffle, plain. Although sometimes with a little banana for variety! Have you tried Nutella? What is your favorite or your children's favorite recipes?

2 comments:

  1. My friend introduced me to Nutella a while ago and I was hooked, too...or maybe addicted?! My girls love it for breakfast on whole wheat toast and my favorite way to eat it for breakfast is on a homemade croissant with strawberries. I also eat it for a snack in the middle of the day on an organic rice cake and sometimes make it for my girls at lunch in a sandwich with organic raspberry jam(grilled is really yummy). I'm having a "my favorite things" giveaway on my blog and a jar of Nutella is definitely going in the gift basket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learned about Nutella about 15 years ago when I spent the summer in Europe. It was just a staple over there and then I've noticed since coming back the growing popularity here in the states.

    ReplyDelete