Friday, August 3, 2012

My Weight Loss Journey - 40 lbs Lighter and Counting



Ever since I started my job on September 19th 2011 I started to lose weight. Mostly because I was no longer at home where the access to food was pretty unlimited. Also because I know had to walk about 10-15 minutes everyday to and from my car to the office, not to mention all around the office. After losing 15 lbs I plateaued and realized I need to do more, including change how I eat. Not so easy in an office where there are file drawers full of candy and cake every week!

One of my friends that I work with introduced me to My Fitness Pal, an online and mobile app tool to help you track your calorie intake and weight loss.  The best part? Its FREE! 

Included with My Fitness Pal:
  • Food diary on the web
  • Searchable food database of over 1,953,000 items, including many restaurants
  • Your own personal food database- add your own food and recipes. You can even create meals (perhaps you eat the same breakfast everyday) 
  • Free mobile app for iPhone and Android so you can track your foods and exercise anytime & anywhere. 
  • Support & Motivation from people just like you - connect with your friends or make new friends on our discussion board where you can share tips or give and receive encouragement.
  • Flexibility - the system can support diets like Atkins, South Beach or the Zone.

So far I have lost another 25 lbs using My Fitness Pal, of course a lot of the credit goes to me. I have changed the way I eat, cut out sodas, candy, white bread and processed food while adding more vegetables, fruit and protein to my diet. My Fitness Pal has helped me by allowing me an easy way to track my calories, see my weight loss and track my exercise. It also gives me a place to keep my weight loss and exercise goals. This app helps me stop and think before eating. I usually think, is this bite worth it? Do I want to put this in the app? Plus I can see how much calories, fat, etc a food is before I eat it, quickly and easily.

Coming soon... Before and after shots (but I am not quite ready for that yet)

This post was not sponsored in anyway. I was not compensated for writing it. I simply wanted to share with my readers a program that has helped me succeed at weight loss. All opinions are 100% mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment