Saturday, August 6, 2011

Stressed and Scared



I have debated about posting this for a couple days now but I need to get it out there because it is really affecting me and my family.

So as you may know I lost my job at the end of February after 3 1/2 years due to the organization restructuring and eliminating the position.  What sucked was that they had laid off about 50% of their staff and people (including me) were starting to feel comfortable again. Then BAM, one Thursday I get invited to a meeting with my boss, I get there and he says we are going to HR for the meeting. At that point I knew but a part of me was still hoping. Then I hear: Your position was eliminated, take this and read and sign then call back next week to come get your stuff. Here is the door.

Thankfully I get unemployment but since my husband has been unemployed for a long time and does not have an income it is just not enough. Now we are lucky we get food stamps and WIC for Little J but even that will not cover the bills.

My mom and step-father have helped us a lot and we were able to get some work a couple months ago to make some extra money but now it is rent time again and we are stuck. My husband is trying to sell his computer which (due to the first one breaking and being under warranty) is new and still in the box. However we have had only low offers and are starting to panic. We love our apartment and have put a lot of work into it, recently in Big J's room and do not want to move. If we have to move I am not sure where we will go, we thought we could live in a extended stay hotel but they are still to much money and the monthly ones are no children allowed types. Plus we would have to pay for a storage unit because we have a lot of stuff that we do not want to lose.

Ok I already feel a little better after typing this but I am so stressed that it is making me sick. I just want to bury my head and sleep but I know that I cannot do that. I have two wonderful girls that need me. I am trying to stay positive and be thankful for what we do have but I am so worried and scared of what is going to happen.

My husband does have some leads for jobs, but his background check always holds things up because NH takes forever and he has lost jobs in the past because of it. I also have a lead and hope I will get an interview on Monday and perhaps land a job soon, but I though that I had one last month and that did not end well. You can read more about that here.

Thanks for letting me rant and get this off my chest.

3 comments:

  1. Oh man!! I'm so sorry. Wish I could help. We lived In a trailer 16 years ago. We were late one too many times on our lot. My in laws helped us move. Wouldn't help us pay the lot rent. Go figure. :/

    I will be praying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry that you and your family are having to go through this. I hope that you both find jobs soon. I know a few families in the same predicament and they had to move in with other relatives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your job search! Not a fun place to be.

    ReplyDelete